- And  of the Nethinites, whom King David  had appointed, and the chiefs, for the service of the Levites, Nethinites [were] two hundred and twenty-all of them specified by name.
- And I proclaimed there a fast by the river Ahava, to fast before our God, to beseech Him for a straight way for us and for our children and for all our belongings.
- For I was ashamed to request of the king an army and horsemen to aid us from enemies on the way, for we had said to the king, « The hand of our God is upon all who seek Him for good, and His power and His wrath are upon all who forsake Him. »
- And we fasted and beseeched our God concerning this, and He accepted our prayer.
(extract of the psalm 27 associated to this generation, verses 1 to 4 )
- Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; from whom shall I be frightened?
- When evildoers draw near to me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies against me-they stumbled and fell
- If a camp encamps against me, my heart shall not fear; if a war should rise up against me, in this I trust.
- One [thing] I ask of the Lord, that I seek-that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to see the pleasantness of the Lord and to visit His Temple every morning.
- Then  we traveled from the river Ahava on the twelfth of the first month to go to Jerusalem, and the hand of our God was upon us, and He saved us from the clutches of the enemy and those who lie in wait on the way.
- And we came to Jerusalem and stayed there three days.
- And on the fourth day, the silver, the gold, and the vessels were weighed in the House of our God onto the hand of Meremoth the son of Uriah the priest, and with him Eleazar the son of Phinehas, and with them Josebad the son of Jeshua, and Noadiah the son of Binnui, the Levites.
- Everything was counted and weighed and the entire weight was written at that time.
- hose coming from captivity, the people of the exile, offered up burnt offerings to the God of Israel, twelve bulls for all Israel, ninety-six rams, seventy-seven lambs, and twelve he-goats for sin-offerings, all this was a burnt offering to the Lord.
(extract of the psalm 27 associated to this generation, verses 5 to 7 )
- That He will hide me in His tabernacle on the day of calamity; He will conceal me in the secrecy of His tent; He will lift me up on a rock.
- And now, my head will be raised over my enemies around me, and I will sacrifice in His tent sacrifices with joyous song; I will sing and chant praise to the Lord.
- Hearken, O Lord, to my voice [which] I call out, and be gracious to me and answer me.
(extract of the psalm 27 associated to this generation, verses 8 to 14 )
- On Your behalf, my heart says, « Seek My presence. » Your presence, O Lord, I will seek.
- Do not hide Your presence from me; do not turn Your servant away with anger. You were my help; do not forsake me and do not abandon me, O God of my salvation.
- For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord gathers me in.
- Instruct me, O Lord, in Your way, and lead me in the straight path because of those who lie in wait for me.
- Do not deliver me to the desires of my adversaries, for false witnesses and speakers of evil have risen against me.
- Had I not believed in seeing the good of the Lord in the land of the living!
- Hope for the Lord, be strong and He will give your heart courage, and hope for the Lord.
 EZRA Chapter 8, verses 20 to 23
 See: EZRA beginning of chapter 8
 EZRA Chapter 8, verses 31 to 35