This is what Zechariah expresses in particular (Zechariah’s prophecy is contemporary with the reign of Darius).
It is therefore under Darius that the Temple will be rebuilt and inaugurated.
(extract of the psalm 21 associated to this generation, verses 1 to 6 )
- For the conductor, a song about David.
- O Lord, may the king rejoice with Your strength, and how greatly does he exult with Your salvation!
- You gave him his heart’s desire, and the speech of his lips You have never withheld.
- For You have preceded him with the blessings of the good man; You have placed a gold crown on his head.
- He asked You for life; You gave it to him, length of days forever and ever.
- His glory is great in Your salvation; majesty and beauty You place upon him.
(extract of the psalm 21 associated to this generation, verses 7 and 8 )
- For You make him (the king, so Darius) blessings forever; You shall make him happy with joy before You.
- For the king trusts in the Lord and in the loving- kindness of the Most High, that he should not falter.
(extract of the psalm 21 associated to this generation, verses 9 to 13 )
- Your hand shall suffice for all Your enemies; Your right hand shall suffice for those who hate You.
- You shall place them as a fiery furnace at the time of Your anger; may the Lord destroy them with His wrath and may fire consume them.
- You shall destroy their fruit from the earth and their seed from the sons of man.
- For they have directed evil against You; they have devised a plot that they cannot [execute].
- For You shall place them as a portion; with Your bowstrings You shall set [Your arrows] toward their faces.
(extract of the psalm 21 associated to this generation, verse 14 )
- Exalt Yourself, O Lord, with Your strength; let us sing and chant of Your might.