(extract of the psalm 12 associated to this generation, verses 1 to 5 )
- For the conductor on the sheminith, a song of David.
- Save, O Lord, for the pious are gone,
- In view of Rabchake’s speech, which denies all power to the Lord with regard to that of his king.
- for the faithful have vanished from the sons of men.
- Whose representative on the occasion is the king of Assyria.
- One speaks to another with falseness,
- smooth talk;
- they speak with a double heart.
- May the Lord cut off all smooth lips, the tongue that speaks great things.
- Who said, « With our tongue we will overpower; our lips are with us. Who is lord over us? »
- And Hezekiah  prayed before the Lord and said, « O Lord God of Israel, Who dwells between the cherubim, You alone are the God of all the kingdoms of the earth. You made the heavens and the earth.
- O Lord, incline Your ear and listen, O Lord, open Your eyes and see. And listen to the words of Sennacherib, who sent him to blaspheme the living God.
- Indeed, O Lord, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their land.
- And they have committed their gods to the fire, for they are not gods, but the handiwork of man, wood and stone, and they destroyed them.
- And now, O Lord our God, please deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the Lord God alone. »
(extract of the psalm 12 associated to this generation, verses 6 to 8 )
- Because of the plunder of the poor, because of the cry of the needy, Now I will rise, …
- … the Lord shall say; I will grant them salvation, He shall speak concerning them.
- The sayings of the Lord are pure sayings, like silver refined, exposed to the earth, clarified sevenfold.
- You, O Lord, shall guard them; You shall guard him from this generation forever.
- And Isaiah  said to Hezekiah, « Hearken to the word of the Lord.
- Behold a time will come when everything in your palace ( – previously, Hezekiah had shown all the treasures of the Temple to the envoys of the king of Babylonia – ) and what your forefathers have stored up, will be carried off to Babylonia; nothing shall remain, » said the Lord.
- And they will take [some] of your sons, who will issue from you, whom you will beget, and they will be officers in the palace of the king of Babylonia. »
(extract of the psalm 12 associated to this generation, verse 9 )
Wicked men walk on all sides when the [one who appears] basest to the sons of men is elevated.
 Melachim II – II Kings – Chapter 19, verses 15 to 19
 Melachim II – II Kings – Chapter 20, verses 16 to 18