(English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cd
except for verse 11 which follows the translation of New International Version (NIV)
– this verse is numbered 10 in this version )
- For the conductor, on jeduthun, a song of David.
- Only to God does my soul hope for silently; from Him is my salvation.
- Only He is my Rock and my salvation, my stronghold so that I shall not falter greatly.
- How long will you plan destruction to man? You shall be murdered, all of you, as a leaning wall, a tottering fence.
- Only because of his loftiness have they plotted to topple him; they delight in lies; with his mouth they bless, but inwardly they curse forever.
- Only to God should you hope, my soul, for my hope is from Him.
- Only He is my Rock and my salvation; my stronghold, I shall not falter.
- Upon God rests my salvation and my honor; [He is] the Rock of my strength, my shelter is in God.
- Trust in Him at all times; people, pour out your hearts before Him. God is our shelter forever.
- The sons of men are but vanity, and men of distinction are deceitful; were they to be put on a scale, together they would equal vanity.
- Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.
- God spoke one thing, I heard two, for God has strength.
- And You, O Lord, have kindness, for You repay a man according to his deed.