- Then Ezra  rose and adjured the chiefs of the priests, the Levites, and all Israel to do according to this matter, and they swore (- review previous verses regarding the repudiation of foreign women –).
- Then Ezra rose from before the House of God, and he went to the chamber of Jehohanan the son of Eliashib. [When] he went there, he neither ate bread nor drank water, because he was mourning over the treachery of the community of the exiles.
(extract of the psalm 28 associated to this generation, verses 1 to 5 )
- Of David. To You, O Lord, I call. My Rock, do not be deaf to me, lest You be silent to me, and I will be likened to those who descend into the Pit.
- Hearken to the voice of my supplications when I cry out to You, when I lift my hands towards Your Holy Sanctuary.
- Do not cause me to be drawn with the wicked or with those who work iniquity, who speak peace with their friends but evil is in their heart.
- This refers to the surrounding peoples who accept covenants with the people of Israel but only in the hope of seeing them depart from God.
- Give them according to their deeds and according to the evil of their endeavors; according to the work of their hands give to them; return their recompense to them.
- For they do not understand the works of the Lord or the deeds of His hands. He shall break them down and not build them up.
At that time , all the former exiles are called to meet in Jerusalem. Ezra then ordered them:
- And Ezra  the priest arose and said to them, “You have dealt treacherously, and you have taken in foreign wives to add to Israel’s guilt.
- And now, confess to the Lord, the God of your forefathers, and do His will, and separate from the peoples of the land and from the foreign wives.”
(extract of the psalm 28 associated to this generation, verses 6 to 9 )
- Blessed is the Lord, for He has heard the voice of my supplication.
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I was helped; my heart rejoiced and I will thank Him with my song.
- The Lord is strength to them and He is the stronghold of the salvations of His anointed.
- Save Your people and bless Your inheritance, and tend them and elevate them forever.
 EZRA Chapter 10, verses 5 and 6
 See: EZRA Chapter 10, verses 7 and 8
 EZRA Chapter 10, verses 10 and 11