English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo
- A maskil of David, when he was in the cave, a prayer.
- [With] my voice, I cry out to the Lord; [with] my voice, I supplicate the Lord.
- I pour out before Him my speech; my distress I recite before Him.
- When my spirit enwraps itself upon me, and You know my path. In whichever way I go, they have hidden a snare for me.
- Looking to the right, I see that no one recognizes me; escape is lost from me; no one seeks my soul.
- I cried out to You, O Lord; I said, « You are my refuge, my lot in the land of the living. »
- Hearken to my cry for I have become very low; save me from my pursuers for they have overpowered me.
- Take my soul out of confinement to give thanks to Your name; because of me the righteous will crown You, because You will recompense me.