(extract of the psalm 12 associated to this generation, verses 1 to 5 )
- For the conductor on the sheminith, a song of David.
- Save, O Lord, for the pious are gone,
- In view of Rabchake’s speech, which denies all power to the Lord with regard to that of his king.
- for the faithful have vanished from the sons of men.
- Whose representative on the occasion is the king of Assyria.
- One speaks to another with falseness,
- smooth talk;
- they speak with a double heart.
- May the Lord cut off all smooth lips, the tongue that speaks great things.
- Who said, « With our tongue we will overpower; our lips are with us. Who is lord over us? »
- And Hezekiah  prayed before the Lord and said, “O Lord God of Israel, Who dwells between the cherubim, You alone are the God of all the kingdoms of the earth. You made the heavens and the earth.
- O Lord, incline Your ear and listen, O Lord, open Your eyes and see. And listen to the words of Sennacherib, who sent him to blaspheme the living God.
- Indeed, O Lord, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their land.
- And they have committed their gods to the fire, for they are not gods, but the handiwork of man, wood and stone, and they destroyed them.
- And now, O Lord our God, please deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the Lord God alone.”
(extract of the psalm 12 associated to this generation, verses 6 to 8 )
- Because of the plunder of the poor, because of the cry of the needy, Now I will rise, …
- … the Lord shall say; I will grant them salvation, He shall speak concerning them.
- The sayings of the Lord are pure sayings, like silver refined, exposed to the earth, clarified sevenfold.
- You, O Lord, shall guard them; You shall guard him from this generation forever.
- And Isaiah  said to Hezekiah, “Hearken to the word of the Lord.
- Behold a time will come when everything in your palace ( – previously, Hezekiah had shown all the treasures of the Temple to the envoys of the king of Babylonia – ) and what your forefathers have stored up, will be carried off to Babylonia; nothing shall remain,” said the Lord.
- And they will take [some] of your sons, who will issue from you, whom you will beget, and they will be officers in the palace of the king of Babylonia.”
(extract of the psalm 12 associated to this generation, verse 9 )
Wicked men walk on all sides when the [one who appears] basest to the sons of men is elevated.
 Melachim II – II Kings – Chapter 19, verses 15 to 19
 Melachim II – II Kings – Chapter 20, verses 16 to 18