(English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo
except for verse 11 which follows the translation of New International Version )
- For the conductor, by the sons of Korah, a song.
- Hear this, all you peoples; hearken, all You inhabitants of the earth.
- Both the sons of « adam, » and the sons of « ish, » together rich and poor.
- My mouth shall speak wisdoms and the thoughts of my heart are understanding.
- I will bend my ear to a parable; with a lyre, I will solve my riddle.
- Why should I fear in days of misfortune? The iniquity of my heels surrounds me.
- Those who rely on their possessions and boast of their great wealth,
- -a brother cannot redeem a man, he cannot give his ransom to God.
- The redemption of their soul will be too dear, and unattainable forever.
- Will he live yet forever and not see the Pit?
- For all can see that the wise die, that the foolish and the senseless also perish, leaving their wealth to others.
- In their heart, their houses are forever, their dwellings are for every generation; they call by their names on plots of land.
- But man does not repose in his glory; he is compared to the silenced animals.
- This is their way; folly is theirs, and after them they will tell with their mouth forever.
- Like sheep, they are destined to the grave; death will devour them, and the upright will rule over them in the morning, and their form will outlast the grave as his dwelling place.
- But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, for He shall take me forever.
- Fear not when a man becomes rich, when the honor of his house increases,
- For he will not take anything in his death; his glory will not descend after him.
- Because in his lifetime he blesses himself, but [all] will praise you, for you will benefit yourself.
- You shall come to the generation of his forefathers; to eternity they will not see light.
- Man is in his glory but he does not understand; he is compared to the silenced animals.