English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo
- A song of ascents. Remember, O Lord, onto David all his affliction.
- That he swore to the Lord, he vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob;
- That I shall not come into the tent of my house, and I shall not go up on the bed that was spread for me.
- I shall not give sleep to my eyes nor slumber to my pupils,
- Until I find a place for the Lord, dwellings for the Mighty One of Jacob.
- Behold we heard it in Ephrath; we found it in the fields of the forest.
- Let us come to His Tabernacles; let us prostrate ourselves to His footstool.
- Arise, O Lord, to Your resting place, You and the Ark of Your might.
- Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, and let Your devout ones sing praises.
- For the sake of David Your servant, turn not away the face of Your anointed.
- The Lord has sworn to David in truth, from which He will never turn back, « Of the fruit of your body I shall seat upon your throne.
- If your sons keep My covenant, and this, My testimony, which I shall teach them, also their sons will sit on your throne forever. »
- For the Lord has chosen Zion; He desired it for His habitation.
- This is My resting place forever; here I shall dwell for I desired it.
- I shall bless its provision; I shall sate its needy with bread.
- And its priests I shall clothe with salvation, and its devout ones will sing praises.
- There I shall cause David’s horn to sprout; I have set up a lamp for My anointed.
- His enemies I shall clothe with shame, and upon him his crown will shine.