English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo
- A song of ascents about Solomon. If the Lord will not build a house, its builders have toiled at it in vain; if the Lord will not guard a city, [its] watcher keeps his vigil in vain.
- It is futile for you who arise early, who sit late, who eat the bread of toil, so will the Lord give to one who banishes sleep from himself.
- Behold, the heritage of the Lord is sons, the reward is the fruit of the innards.
- Like arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the sons of one’s youth.
- Praiseworthy is the man who has filled his quiver with them; they will not be ashamed when they talk to the enemies in the gate.