This is the case in the Ashkenazi world, under the impulse of Rabbenu Gershom (950-1028) who ends his life and his work during this generation. This is also the case in Spain, where despite the dramatic end of Caliphate Omeyyad of Cordoba, new spirits, like Samuel ibn Nagrela, continue to sow the Sephardic world (essentially Spain at this time).
(extract of the psalm 98 associated to this generation, verses 1 to 4 )
- A song. Sing to the Lord a new song, for He performed wonders; His right hand and His holy arm have saved Him.
- The Lord has made known His salvation; to the eyes of the nations He has revealed His righteousness.
- He remembered His kindness and His faith to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
- Shout to the Lord, all the earth, open [your mouths] and sing praises and play music.
(extract of the psalm 98 associated to this generation, verses 5 to 9 )
- Play to the Lord with a harp, with a harp and a voice of song.
- With trumpets and the sound of a shofar, raise your voices before the King, the Lord.
- The sea and the fullness thereof will roar, the inhabited world and the inhabitants thereof.
- Rivers will clap hands; together mountains will sing praises.
- Before the Lord, for He has come to judge the earth; He will judge the inhabited world justly and the peoples with equity.