English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo
- For the conductor, to Jeduthun, a song of David.
- I said, « I will guard my ways from sinning with my tongue; I will guard my mouth [as with] a muzzle while the wicked man is still before me.
- I made myself dumb in silence; I was silent from good although my pain was intense.
- My heart is hot within me; in my thoughts fire burns; I spoke with my tongue,
- O Lord, let me know my end, and the measure of my days, what it is; I would know when I will cease.
- Behold You made my days as handbreadths, and my old age is as nought before You; surely all vanity is in every man; this is his condition forever.
- Man walks but in darkness; all that they stir is but vanity; he gathers yet he knows not who will bring them in.
- And now, what have I hoped, O Lord? My hope to You is;
- Save me from all my transgressions; do not make me the reproach of an ignoble man.
- I have become mute; I will not open my mouth because You have done it.
- Remove Your affliction from me; from the fear of Your hand I perish.
- With rebukes for iniquity You have chastised man; You have caused his flesh to decay as by a moth. Surely all man is vanity forever.
- Hear my prayer, O Lord, and hearken to my cry. Be not silent to my tears, for I am a stranger with You, a dweller as all my forefathers.
- Turn away from me that I may recover, before I go and am here no longer. »