English translation got from website: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo
- For the conductor, of David a song.
- I have greatly hoped for the Lord, and He extended [His ear] to me and heard my cry.
- And He drew me up out of the roaring pit, from the thick mire, and He set my feet upon a rock, He established my steps.
- He put a new song into my mouth, a praise to our God, so that many may see and fear, and trust in the Lord.
- Praiseworthy is the man who made the Lord his trust, and did not turn to the haughty and those who turn to falsehood.
- You have done great things, You, O Lord my God. Your wonders and Your thoughts are for us. There is none to equal You; were I to tell and speak, they would be too many to tell.
- You desired neither sacrifice nor meal offering; You dug ears for me; a burnt offering or a sin offering You did not request.
- Then I said, « Behold I have come, » with a scroll of a book written for me.
- O God, I desired to do Your will and [to have] Your law within my innards.
- I brought tidings of righteousness in a great assembly. Behold, I will not withhold my lips, O Lord, You know.
- I did not conceal Your charity within my heart; I stated Your faith and Your salvation-I did not withhold Your kindness and truth-to a great assembly.
- You, O Lord, do not withhold Your mercies from me; may Your kindness and Your truth always watch me.
- For countless evils have encompassed me; my iniquities have overtaken me and I could not see [them because] they are more numerous than the hairs of my head, and my heart has forsaken me.
- O Lord, be willing to save me; O Lord, hasten to my help.
- May those who seek my soul to destroy it be shamed and embarrassed together; may those who seek to harm me retreat and be humiliated.
- May they be bewildered afterwards because of their shame, those who say about me, « Aha! Aha! »
- All who seek You shall exult and rejoice; those who love Your salvation shall constantly say, « May the Lord be magnified. »
- But I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my rescuer, my God; do not delay.